123 HP Officejet 6950 Printer Setup
Support for 123.hp.com/setup 6950
123 HP Officejet 6950 Setup and Install
123 HP Officejet 6950 Windows 10 update
123 HP Officejet 6950 Wireless Protected Setup
123 HP Officejet 6950 Driver Download
123 HP Officejet 6950 Troubleshooting ePrint Service
123 HP Officejet 6950 Ink Cartridge Problem
HP Officejet 6950 Print Driver Install guide
The print driver software helps in converting the information to be printed to a particular format that the printer can understand. The Print driver settings guide consists of the procedure to download and setup the driver software on your computer.
- Go to start and search for your browser. Open your browser and land on our website. Select Support and Drivers and enter the name of your 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer or the serial number of your printer in the search tab.
- You will be asked to select your operating system. Choose the same from the drop-down list. (To find out your operating system, right-click the computer icon on your desktop. Select properties and the information will be displayed).
Scroll down and you will find a list of items that you can download (Update, driver and firmware). Select the driver from the list and click the Download button. Open the downloaded file.
- Run the setup and follow the on-screen instructions. You will find a prompt to choose between Custom installation and Easy installation. Choose the required type and continue to the next step.
- When it is prompted to select the printer connection option, select USB or wireless and continue to the next step. Click restart, when the setup displays a message to restart the computer.
- Search Windows for Devices and Printers and right-click the icon for your 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer. Choose Printing preferences and adjust the settings if required. Print a check page to check the performance.
- First, turn on your printer and make sure it is in a ready state and there are no blinking error lights or messages displayed on the screen. Make sure the printer is connected to a wired or wireless network.
- It can also be connected to the USB port of a Time Capsule or Airport Base Station. Because connecting your printer to a network is unique for each system configuration.
- Go to Apple menu and click System Preferences. Select Printers and Scanners. In the left pane of the window, click the plus sign. If the drop-down menu opens, click Add Printer or Scanner.
- The name of your HP printer will be displayed in the Name window pane. If your printer is AirPrint enabled, the AirPrint driver will be set as default. To use the HP driver, click the Use box.
- From the drop-down menu, select the name of your 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer. Once your printer is selected, click Add. Your Mac will automatically retrieve the latest software for your printer an install it.
How to check ink or toner level in HP Officejet 6950
Estimated ink or toner level is checked to determine if you need to replace any cartridges. When the ink levels are indicated, consider having a replacement cartridge in order to avoid printing delays.
- From your printer’s control panel: Most HP printers display the estimated ink level on their control panel. Select the ink drop or cartridge icon and obtain the status of each cartridge.
- From the Printer software:The printer driver that is installed in your computer will include the printer management software and this can be used to determine the ink level. If you have not installed the driver, then its time to install the driver software which will provide you a full feature access to your printer.
- Windows: Search Windows for your Printer’s name. Select your 123.hp.com/setup 6950 Printer icon in the list of results. Choose the HP Solution Center app and select the Estimated Ink Levels option from the menu.
- Mac: Click the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences. Select 123.hp.com/setup 6950 Printers and Scanners, Print & Scan or Print & Fax based on your operating system. Select your printer’s name from the list and then click Options and Supplies from the menu. In the Supplies window, choose the Supply Levels tab. This will display the ink level.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor (Windows PCs): Launch the HP Scan Doctor app on your PC. Choose the Printer option in the menubar and select Supply levels tab. The estimated ink or toner level will be displayed.
- HP Smart app (Windows 10, Android, iOS): Install the HP Smart app on your mobile phone, tablet or a Windows 10 computer and you can easily check the estimated ink level. Search for HP Smart app in the app store and download the app from the results.
123 HP Officejet 6950 Network Scanner Connection Error
When you are trying to scan and if a connection error message (Computer not found, scan unsuccessful, scan to computer no longer activated, scanner unreachable or an error occurred communicating with the scanning device) is displayed, then follow the below troubleshooting steps.
- Step 1: Confirm if the issue is also printing-related: try to print a document and check if you are getting the same error. If the print job is executed successfully, then there is an issue only with scanning so continue to the next step.
- Step 2: Restart devices and check driver scan settings: Turn off the printer and connect the power cord directly to the wall outlet. Close all running applications and shut down your computer. Wait for five minutes, then turn on your 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer and computer.Open HP Printer Assistant, click Manage Scan to Computer, and then make sure the “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log onto Windows” checkbox is selected. The HP Solution Center will now open, click Scan Settings and view the scan settings, connection status, and preferences.
- Step 3: Check the network and printer connection status: Wireless connection: Check your control panel to see if the Wireless icon is turned on.
- Wired connection: Make sure the ethernet cable is properly connected to the ethernet port.
- Step 4: Run the Print and Scan Doctor: Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Check if there is a white checkmark in the results displayed, this denotes that the printer has passed the test.
- Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall the printer software: Go to control panel and uninstall the 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer driver. Follow the instructions on the screen, remove the software and restart your computer. Go to our website and install the updated software on your computer.
- Step 6: Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer: Most times the firewall on your computer may block the communication with network printers. Temporarily disable the firewall and try to scan.